I love the idea of keeping a bit of ‘now’ going on what I’m doing and what’s happening in my life. See it as a personal limited view about what is going on right now, not what has happened in the past (todo for myself: I need a resume page for that around here)
Thanks for the inspiration [Frank Meeuwsen], [Derek Sivers] and especially [Harry Kellert] on getting this all started and being part of the now movement.
- I’m currently working as Senior Product Owner at Diconium. In my road to becoming a director I'm supporting a lot of projects in figuring out what they actually need to solve their problems.
- Additionally, coaching as “Team Lead” of Product Owners and Scrum Masters on the job. I love this part, watching people grow is exciting!
- Considering my future, doing a lot of self reflection at the moment.
- Moved to a nice small village (lived in Berlin for 8 years) little over an hour travelling from the bustling city centre. The move has done us well, both for mental and physical reasons. 2 years have flown past and we feel amazing here!
- I’ve been engaged for 4,5 years now, COVID-19 has kept us from getting married, but this year it will happen!
- Sien has joined our life, a small (but 20 KG) ball of love, happiness and playfulness. A missing link in my life!
I have a big interest in home automation, using NodeRed (now with home assistant as UI) to have a system that is independent of any single supplier (
except Apple for the UI). This system connects the following parts;
- Lights, outlets, and switches using [zigbee2mqtt]
- IP-based devices from [Shelly],
considering a Tasmota flash though!
- “Some” logic in node-red, enabling daily routines and circadian lighting automatically
- Using home-assistant as the 'frontend' of this, expanding my options to visualise things a lot more
- And everything is, of course, running on a few of my Raspberry Pi’s in docker swarm (and a mac mini M2 running ubuntu as a VM)
I picked up photography again, with a FUJI XE-4 and a DJI mini 3 pro
Rowing, running and jump-roping my way through the week physically (next to walking Sien)
- I just finished 'snow crash' – which is stunningly accurate from a book written in 1994.
- I started reading 'the wager' – an excellent pirate meets fact book based on an English ship from the 18th century.
I’m a casual gamer, so I enjoy numerous games but on my ‘currently playing’ list are:
- Waiting for Diablo IV.
- Really that's it.